1st January 2019 saw the first anniversary of retirement for both of us. More or less settled into the routine as pensioners. Karen currently volunteers two days a week in Foodbank administration in Edinburgh, and Bill does the Edinburgh foodbank website maintenenance on a voluntary basis, but from the comfort of home.
- February – visit to Krakow in Poland.
- March – Spring Harvest in Harrogate, Yorkshire.
- April – Karen started as Assistant Assembly Officer for Church of Scotland General Assembly.
- May – Change of car, Citroen C4 Picasso.
- August – old website domain (keith-mckays.me.uk) decomissioned, replaced by this one, kaylyn.info. Selective transfer and/or re-work of old website content ongoing, with new content being added, slowly, where possible.
- October – Florence, Italy.
- November – Friend Janet Anderson, Deaconess in Church of Scotland, died in her beloved Skye homeland
- December – Brompton, Yorkshire for Christmas.
- December – Bill started as Church of Scotland Presbytery Elder representing Kirkliston in the Presbytery of Edinburgh (as well as Session Elder at Kirkliston). Karen is now ‘balancing elder’ at Presbytery for Kirkliston in addition to CoS Assembly Officer and Session Elder at Kirkliston.